cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant DL 380 G2 IDR procedure

Steve_Boddy
Level 2
We are unable to get a successful IDR load with an HP server. When we load the IDR it will load the windows files but on reboot it never goes in to windows. Does anyone have a step by step procedure for loading an IDR on an HP server please Email me at sb1064@aol.com. Or call 207 492-4289 ext 40518. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Steve_Boddy
Level 2
By the way we followed Document 262134 we are stuck at figure 4 and do not make it to figure 5. Veritas support have not been very helpful. And HP could not give us an answer either.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Steve,

You may like to refer to the following technote:

The Intelligent Disaster Recovery process, step by step
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192923

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Steve,

It's been my experience that IDR simply does not work. We have done many DR's on this exact system manually, basically:

1. Install Windows 2003
2. Install Sp1
3. Install Veritas
4. Insert tape, hit restore

Works every time. IDR makes sense when it works, but I'd suggest spending some time reading these forums. You'll find it quicker to stick with what's reliable.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Please update us on the issue!

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.