cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 don't work with BE 2010

casperb
Level 2

Hi

I installed BE 2010 on a W2k8 R2 server, with the HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Ultium 3 drive. When live update tried to install the 2 hotfixes, the service hung and the updates failed.

I tried every thing, updated the FW on the loader and drive, changed SCSI drivers on the controller, but no luck,

Then I installed the controller in the old server Windows Server 2k3 , the server have BE 12.5 SP3. That worked. Then I installed BE 2010 as an upgrade, and the nothing worked.

I both cases the drive and loader was in the device view. On the 2008 R2 server the service hung, and on the 2k3 the inventory never gets finished.

Any ideas anyone ?

Regards

Casper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

casperb
Level 2

After I unstalled all drivers, and the changer showed in windows as unknown changer and I installed the symantec drivers, cleared the drivers in device view in BE and rebooted the server. It worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In both cases, did you install the Symantec device drivers?  If not, go to Tools ---> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard to install the drivers.

casperb
Level 2
in both cases i did try the HP drivers, and the Symantec drivers.

I have a LTO-2 drive on another controller, that work.

casperb
Level 2

After I unstalled all drivers, and the changer showed in windows as unknown changer and I installed the symantec drivers, cleared the drivers in device view in BE and rebooted the server. It worked.