cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging at 'Snapshot Processing'

bwad
Not applicable

I have a new SBS 2008 Std server with Backup Exec 12.5 and all updates applied. No matter what backup job I run I consistently get a status of Snapshot Processing and it just hangs there indefinitely.

If I cancel the job, it sits there "Cancelling Job" and I cannot restart the Backup Exec services, requiring a reboot.  As you can imagine on a production server this is a difficult one to troubleshoot (pretty much only after hours)

I have uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. I have disabled the Advanced File Open Option through Setup as it appears to be related according to previous posts. Nothing has helped.

If no one can help me, can someone please advise what support options Symantec provide during install, as I paid a fortune for this software I seem to be unable to get any help from anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Brad.

Message Edited by bwad on 02-15-2009 08:24 AM
1 REPLY 1

marqueza
Not applicable
Where you able to figure the issue out?  I'm having this same issue but this just started this past week.  Everything was working well for about two months before this started to happen.  I'm calling support now so if you have not heard back, I'll let you know what they suggest.  Thanks.