cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone actually managed to buy BE 11 licenses recently?

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
We're running the trial version of Backup Exec 11 at the moment and we ordered BE11 licenses from our supplier nearly a month ago, but so far they haven't been able to get them from Symantec.

Have we just chosen a bad supplier or is Symantec having problems issueing licenses?

I need to get these licenses in the next month or our backups are going to stop :(
9 REPLIES 9

maxi_maximus
Level 4
I have definitely heard about licensing problems. So i think your supplier is fine. Iam sure the problems will be fixed before expiry. Also i am aware that they can offer Eval extensions if required.

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Thanks, I'll give it a couple of weeks then if we haven't got the licenses I'll try to get an eval extension

Vladimir_Vuci1
Level 4
Dear Ortho,

We have sold several licenses of BE 11d and we are getting it from our distributor quite fast, in a day or two. We are in EMEA region (just to mention, since there is a difference in regions).

Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Vucinic

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Ortho,

Could you Update us on the issue? Did you get a Response / license from the sales as yet?

Thanks
Regards

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Not yet, our supplier says it's been ordered but they haven't got the licenses to send us yet and are chasing it.
Our eval license runs out the week we get back from the Xmas/new year holidays, so if I don't get the licenses/keys by the end of next week I'm going to start getting worried.
I'm in the UK by the way

Gary_Karasik
Level 5
Maybe it was a fluke, but on Thursday afternoon I bought AWS agent from CDW. This morning I received a license-certificate from Symantec which I was able to register. It never generated a license key, so I had to call licensing, and they were able to sort the problem and provide me with a key. So it's possible.

Bryan_Sockel
Level 3
We ordered ours from Dell Wed of last week and had them in on Tuesday

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

For the same issues, could you contact our Sales team as mentioned below:

Thank You,

Shweta

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Here's the next installment in the catalog of incompetence

I've now got my certificates complete with serial numbers and RTSM numbers, but of course these won't actually activate the damn product I've paid for.

Trying to enter the serial number at licensing.symantec.com just gives me a red error message
"Your request can not be processed now. Contact Symantec help desk"

I'm wondering if any extra money Symantec make from reducing piracy is going to make up for what they lose by all their frustrated customers giving up on Symantec products altogether (I'm definately considering it)

I've logged a support call on line now, including all my serial numbers, asking for the activation keys to be emailed to me - If this doesn't work I'm never buying another Symantec product again, this licensing fiasco has already wasted days of my time, this never happened with the old Veritas :(

Next installment - 18 hours later:-
No response from Symantec support and now I can't get a response from "licensing.symantec.com" at all, the page just won't load.

...... Still www.ca.com & www.mcafee.com web sites load OK :)Message was edited by:
Ortho Lawton