cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have one job follow another with different selection list? Maybe include a cleaning job?

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

Hi,

I want to break down a large multi tape backup job into several smaller jobs, but I can't see any way to chain the jobs. I know I can create a policy with multiple templates but there doesn't seem to be a way for each template to run a job with a different selection list. Is there? I've created several selection lists to break up the job. Should I be breaking it up some other way? Or I do I have to schedule times and hope the windows are large enough?

Ideally I'd also like to run a cleaning job between tape changes.

Any help? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Or I do I have to schedule times and hope the windows are large enough?

You can do that, but the job timer will start as soon a the job is 'started' even if it waits for an hour for a drive to free up

You can also use the POST job command to run a BEMCMD job to release the next job in line

Dominic_Moore
Level 4

@ken Putnam wrote:

You can also use the POST job command to run a BEMCMD job to release the next job in line

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Using the POST job command looks like a good idea. Is there documentation for BEMCMD anywhere? Can it be used just to run a previously defined job?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6