cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem Remote Agent 10.1D and Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 32 bit

RCB
Level 3

Hello all.
I am having a hard time getting one particular server added to my Backup list.

My Media Server is running Symantec Backup Exec 10D for Windows Servers, Media Server and Administration Console version 10.1 rev 5629. The Media Server is on our Domain.
I have recently added servers both on Domain and not on Domain [on same network] successfully, but am having issues getting one server in particular to backup.

The Server I am trying to back up is as follows: 
- 32 bit Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition, running Service Pack 2. 
- I have installed Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows 32 bit version 10.1.5629 and ensured the service is running.  
- This server is not on the Domain. Can ping between this server and the Media Server, and we have other non Domain servers on our network currently being backed up so i dont think this is the issue.
- I have created a 'backup' account on this local server, given it administrator rights by adding to the Administrators and Backup Operators group.
- this 'backup' account is setup in the Media Server 'Logon Account Selection' screen the same as our other non domain Server [machinename\accountname].
- This Server is visible on the Media Server under Remote Selections/Microsoft Windows Network, but when i try to select the server to add it to the backup schedule, a 'Logon Account Selection ' screen pops up, and when i choose my login from the list of logins, the error is "Logon account 'my accountname' failed to access 'MACHINENAME'. The directory or file was not found or could not be accessed."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows 32 bit version 10.1.5629 and still cannot get this to let me add it.

I know there was a 64 bit patch , as we had to patch our 64 bit Windows 2003 clients, but i could not find a 32 bit patch for same.

Does anyone have any input on how i can get this working?
Thanks very much

2 REPLIES 2

RCB
Level 3
Bump.
Can anyone please assist?

RCB
Level 3
Bump?