cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!Help Me to get rid from WINDOWS 2003 SP1 recuring problem !!!!! Urgent

MAJED_SHARIF
Level 4
Hi dears,
Windows 2003 server SP1 pushed us in the hell, we are trying to restore backup of client (Win 2003 SP1) from the BE server(windows 2000 server) but i am facing PROBLEMSSSSSSS.

Let me explain again, Here we have two machines one is Backup Server on Windows 2000 server and the client machine is Windows 2003 service pack1.

While restoring the data we faced the following error,

"Windows Could Not Start Because Of An Error In The Software.
Please report this problem:
load needed DLLs for kernel
Please contact your support person to report this problem"

Unfortunately i am the only support person so how can i resolve that issue,

For the remedy we downloaded the “be5484RHF23_276540.exe 10.0 5484 Hotfix 23 - Remote Agent (After restoring a Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 computer, the computer no longer boots up) *Requires Backup Exec 10.0.5484 Service Pack 1” but alas the problem is still unresolved.

Do any one of you have idea how to resolve that issue or have you experience that problem, have you any solution of that problem.

Unfortunately our boss has given short time for our death...........ANY ONE WHO COULD HELP US TO SAVE OUR LIFE.

so any one has the Solution????????????
9 REPLIES 9

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
as HF 23 is only working with IDR just do the following:

manually setup your remote Win2003 server.
(same name, same IP, same Volumes)

manually install Win2003 SP1 on this newly installed machine.

After reboot restore your last Full backup taken.

The problem appears, as it is not possible to retore an SP1 pached shadow copy component to an unpached one.

Regards

uz

MAJED_SHARIF
Level 4
Thanks UZ for ur update and really appreciate your endeavour , i followed your instructions as well as of the website which URL is

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236286.htm

But i am afraid to say that the problem is still unresolved. the computer is on the loop started, display main opening logo and then restarted again and again.

So still helpless..

uz
Level 6
we are talking about the same machine ?

You have backed up a running W2K3 SP1 box from your W2K BEWS 10 server incl. the complete Shadow copy component of the W2K3 box.

Backup result was 100% succesfull.

You are restoring this to the same box or did you have to change hardware ?

If the hardware changed, of course this will not function, as the restore would apply the settings for the old hardware rather than the new one.
(use the merge registry feature during restore if needed and clear the registry manually after retore)

If the box is the same, insure the harddisks were empty before the new setup.

If the problem still exists, I am afraid there is not much more that I could suggest from the distance.

Regards

uz

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you restoring to the loacl server or you are restoring to the server with different hardware?

If you are performing an IDR and then you are getting this problem then you can refer the following technote,

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276524

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

MAJED_SHARIF
Level 4
i am restoring data on the same machine. i had followed the instructions on that refered page but invain.

uz
Level 6
ok - to resumee:

after you have manually setup the crashed machine with W2K3 and installed W2K3 SP1 the machine was doing fine ?!

After you have restored the last Full Backup incl. Shadow copy component, it is looping during startup.

But the initial error about missing dll that you had when you have opend this case is gone ?! right ?

If yes, have you tried the W2K3 recovery console to repair the looping system ?

What was the reason for the recovery ?

Regards

uz

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if you have tried the above mentioned steps. What are the results?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried the above mentioned solution? What are the results?

MAJED_SHARIF
Level 4
Regardless of the issues i downloaded the new build of BE 10 5520 and did whole exercise again. After installing latest build now all is working fine.

so All those who have problem like me just simply transfer to newer build thier problem will be resolved