cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

verge
Level 2
Backup- \\"Exchange 2007 Mailbox Server"."ourdomain".local\Microsoft Information Store\Large V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory MailboxStore and its subdirectories.

I have tried all the different articles from google on how to fix this. I have the necessary accounts setup with domian/local/exchadmin rights. I have the exchange management console installed on the backupexec server. All the accounts have mailboxes on the 2007 server. I have tried everything, yet to get a successful backup. 

Please help, or give me a refund so i can use NTbackup. 
4 REPLIES 4

chicojrman
Level 6

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Verge,

If you need immediate assistance from support, please contact support using the following link.  The forums are peer-to-peer, Symantec Employees will post here when we are available to do so.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp.jsp?pid=15047

verge
Level 2
I'm assuming by B2D you mean backup 2 disc...

I am trying to back it up to a tape drive... HOWEVER, on a whim i just tried a disc backup, and it works fine. Why would it give me access denied to backup on tape, but not disc.

How odd.

I would call in but alot of the support lines are outsourced overseas, and it's extremely difficult for me to understand them, and with my southern accent, it is hard for them to understand me as well. Not to mention, i would have to dig up our warranty paperwork.(we did actually pay for this product, it's not stolen)

verge
Level 2
I think i found a solution from www.backupcentral.com

If you expand out the selection list to server->information store->databases and you manually check the databases.... Backup fails.

If you just check the information store box, then it succeeds. I'm guessing this could possibly be a software bug with 12.0 ?