cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help viewing tape contents from previous installation

Margi_Ehresman
Level 2
We have recently reloaded BackupExec 10.0 on our Server after a complete reload. BE has been running daily jobs now for about a week. I am wanting to check the contents of a tape that was made prior to the reload but am having difficulty. Any suggestions?

Hardware has not changed...just complete reload of server...down to the OS (Win SBS 2003)

I insert the tape, try the catalog operation and am asked to insert the last tape that was used. (Not the tape that I want to view). What am I missing?
4 REPLIES 4

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Did you run an inventory job after inserting the tape and before running the catalog job?

Margi_Ehresman
Level 2
Yes....

Melissa_Winans
Level 3
According to technical document http://support.veritas.com/docs/200962, it should be possible to force cataloging of a single tape from a set by going into the program options and clearing the checkbox labelled "Use storage media based catalogs". Unfortunately, however, it doesn't actually seem to work in version 10.0, although it did in version 9.x. I sure do hope that this will get fixed in some future build - it is a major nuisance to have no way to recatalog individual tapes if one tape in the set becomes unusable.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Apart from the Informaiton given by Melissa.

This Issue could occur if the job has spanned over two tapes and you are trying to catalog the second tape.
In this case you will need to inventory and catalog the first tape and then the second.

Hope that helps
Thanks
Regards