cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w/ Exchange Store Restore to a different folder

Ben_Fiser
Not applicable
I am a consultant for a company who has 2 Windows 2003 Servers. One of these servers houses Exchange (Server 1). The other server is the backup server and is running Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers Ver. 9.1 Rev. 4691 (Server 2). I am trying to restore the Exchange store that is housed on Server 1 to a different folder on Server 2. The backups were successful according to the logs, but when I try to restore I get this message:

"Job ended: Saturday, March 04, 2006 at 1:58:08 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Final error category: Resource Errors"

Any ideas or what other information might be needed to help me come up with a solution. I tried some of the other things I saw on the forum with stopping and restarting services as an admin and creating a new user and making sure that user had admin rights to the exchange store. Also tried creating a new admin and putting that user in the Logon Account Mgr. to use as default logon account. None of these did the trick. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Are you trying to redirect the "Information Store" or an individual mailbox to another Server..?

Note:If we dont receiv a reply within two business days the post will be considered as "answered".