cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix installations

Jon_Limmer
Level 2
I'm on 10d now and about to upgrade to 11d. I see there is a Hotfix 2 and a Hotfix 6.

I want to confirm that a Hotfix includes a rollup of previous hotfixes. Is this true or do I have to apply each hotfix?

Jon
5 REPLIES 5

maxi_maximus
Level 4
Hi

You have to apply each hotfix.

In 11d all you have to do is run liveupdate, it will download and install. Reboot will be required.

David_Nicholson
Level 3
I beg to differ - but everytime I run LiveUpdate it tells me hotfixes are available - but that it cannot install them. I've had to manually download each update and install it.

Now I see HOTFIX 13 is available in LiveUpdate - any idea where I can manually download it?

Dave

Lance_Wilson
Level 3
I also have problems installing the Hot FIxes with Live Update. It seems like I need to reboot, run Live Update, then reboot again.

David_Nicholson
Level 3
Oh geeze -

don't get me started! :) I've bounced my media server more than a basketball throughout this BE11D update/configuration...

and still LiveUpdate refuses to install updates/hotfixes...

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
Liveupdate does work - with several caveats.

If you run it manually you must run it from the console. If you attempt to run it from a non-console RDP/TS session it will give you errors and no warnings about the non console session.

Setting it to automatically update may not work. In my case (NT2003 R2 x64) BE doesn't set up the scheduled job correctly (doesn't use a full path for the executable). This can be fixed by manually modifying the scheduled job. Note that if the job doesn't run there's no notification. Symantec places the responsibility on MS and MS isn't responsible for the job not being configured properly.

Most Hotfixes require a reboot. The auto install writes a message in the error log that a reboot is required. You will see this in your regular error log monitoring.