cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I get rid of a deleted directory in Job Properties?

john_magill
Level 3

I recently deleted a directory which was being backed up, but now the job fails because it's still looking for the directory. The rest of the job backs up fine, but within the job's properties, I can't seem to get the deleted directory out of the Resource Order or Resource Credentials windows. Problem directory does not exist in the selections window, so I'm assuming it's holding onto something in Resource Order.

How do I make this phantom go away?

BTW:

Version:11d

Revision:7170

Windows Server 2003 SP2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

john_magill
Level 3

Thanks for the suggestions Ken,

Yes, it was part of a share which was selected.

I wanted to avoid creating a whole new selection list, so I just recreated the directory.

It seems that as long as B.E. has something that is named the same (in this case, an empty directory), it will take it as the original, and thus alleviate any further errors..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mnml
Level 3

in your job properties, click on the View Selection Details tab (located next to the View by Resource tab).

in there you'll be able to delete each resource individually.

john_magill
Level 3

I would if it was there, but this was deleted not from Backup Exec, but from Windows Explorer.

That's the problem, it's gone everywhere else except the resource order and resource credentials in BE.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Yeah, this little gotcha (or one very  similar) has been around since v8 that I know of

Did you  originally select the  folder itself, or is it part of a share that was selected?

If it was selected individually, edit the selection list and select "text view" and delete from there

If it was part of a share, about all that you can do is create a new selection list and use that in the job

john_magill
Level 3

Thanks for the suggestions Ken,

Yes, it was part of a share which was selected.

I wanted to avoid creating a whole new selection list, so I just recreated the directory.

It seems that as long as B.E. has something that is named the same (in this case, an empty directory), it will take it as the original, and thus alleviate any further errors..