cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Clear Catalog Information

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
What I am trying to do is remove the various old selections from the restore preview pane. When we setup BackupExec initially we selected some servers through the Active Directory domain listing and some through the Windows Networking listing. Now under our restore selections we have the same servers listed with just the hostname as well as the fully qualified domain name according to the original selection.

I would like to remove all the hostnames from the restore selection list since I have reselected all servers selection lists using the active directory domain list under backup selections.

How can I go about doing this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Corey,

You can decrease the no of days to keep the catalogs from Tools>Options>Database maintainence.

============

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Corey

Be careful if you reduce the number of days to maintain the catalogs because it applies to everything, and maybe if you need to restore a file you may find it is not catalog because you purged it.

Take into account that catalogs purge themselves when tapes are overwritten, so maybe the best solution is just waiting.

You can't delete specific sessions from the catalogs, nor specific servers.

Regards

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Rucha

How would reducing the time that catalogs are retained affect seeing servers, with NO CATALOG ENTRIES, as he is currently seeing?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This may be a bit of overkill, but you could start a new \Catalogs folder. 'Course you would need to inventory and catalog all tapes that you would want to see.

Forcing a Catalog Re-Index may help. Certainly worth a try
See http://support.veritas.com/docs/272886

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Thanks Guys. I will take your suggestions and run with them.