cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set my DLT Autoloader back to State Type: On Line?

Alex_Beddow
Level 2
Hi there

In veritas BE 9.1 I have had serious problems with my Quantum DLT7000 Autoloader.

1. After trying to complete a scheduled backup job of one of our servers, which failed, I realised that the problem might be that there was not enough room on tapes. (the autoloader allows 8 tapes we only had six for a 260GB backup!).

2. I put in two new tapes in slots 7 and 8 and then restarted Veritas. I then labeled the tapes and went to run an inventory. As I did this the device (under the heading Robotic Libraries) went Off Line (showing as faint pink in devices menu).

How can I put the Autoloader back On Line? I have checked all cables and it is connected.

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Check in the device properties and ensure that the check box (labelled Enable I think) is still ticked. Otherwise the only way I've found to do it is to re-start backup exec services. I normally just restart them all to be on the safe side, but you can probably make do with the Backup Exec Devices service.

That will then force backup exec to reconnect to it's devices, at which point assuming there is nothing wrong with the drive itself you should be able to connect to it again.

Keith

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Alex,
Please let us know if Keith's Suggestion helped.

Thanks
Regards

Alex_Beddow
Level 2
Hey there,

Keith, I had tried clicking the Enable box but It didnt respond. I also reset the services but this didnt alter anything either!?
I then did a complete system reboot at the end of the day and it then picked up the device with no problems!

So normally I think your solution would work but in this case it didnt want to know with out a complete hard reboot!

thanks

al