cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find the backup tapes to send offsite for a given job

Spyda1999
Level 3

* help please *

With the new changes for backup exec - you can't easily identify the backup tapes used for both full and incremental backups.

We previously had one or two backup jobs for our small sever environment – within the backup job it listed under ‘device and storage’ the backup tapes used for that job for all our servers.

Now under the server centric model, I have to click each server and locate or check the tape number for that job.

I’m not sure if its me or I don’t know how to drive the program, but is there a way to get the tape number for our weekly backup job like under the old version.

The new changes for backup exec don't seem to show you the tape number for a given backup jobs.

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

You can go to Sotrage tab in that if this is library then you can click on tape in the slots & in that when you click on backup set, on left hand side. it will list the date & reource which has been backup

So you can check by that way too

Thanks

Spyda1999
Level 3

Thankyou for the suggestion, however we are using a tape library.

We are very luck because we have a brilliant database engineer who just wrote a fantastic crystal report that solves our problem for now. This now fixes the Backup Exec Vista version tape  (BE 2012).

I hope that Symantec will implement a new report similar to this in R2.  See attached.

Simon

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I would request you to post the report under Downloads, so that the other forum users also can make use of it.