cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should a 35GB file take to restore?

Matthew_Mead
Level 2
I have never restored a file that is 35GB before and the restore job has taken about 23 hours so far and is only at 20%. This seems long to me.

We have Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers Version 9.1 Rev 4691 with Dell PowerVault 132T SDLT Library.

Any suggestions or reasons why would be helpful.

Thanks
Matt
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Was the backup job successful? How long had it run? Is it a local restore or a redirected restore? Do you get any errors related to Backup exec in the event logs? 23 hrs does seem to long. Had you verified the backup job? Also check if the device has any errors.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Matthew_Mead
Level 2
Sorry, that I did not respond back right away. The user decided that he did not need the file ASAP, so I am just checking back today to see if anyone replied.

I canceled the backup job because it was running to long and I needed to have other jobs running the next day. It ran for about 25 hours before I canceled the job. It was a redirected restore to a location on our network. I did not see any errors beside the job failing due to me canceling it. I will go and check to see if the device had errors as well.

Thanks

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/237444

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.