cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate job summary reports in BE

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Is anyone know how I could setup automated job summary reports in Backup Exec and send it to specific receipent? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yusufusmani
Level 4

On the same screen above rite click on the Job Summary and seclect the New Report Job and schedule it accordingly.

try it and let us know if it helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the job property and set up notifications.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70788

EDIT : Above link is to schedule reports, my bad.

Refer to  http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO22846 which expains how to setup notifications which 

includes job log.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You could configure Backup Exec to send an email notification  Once the backup is complete and you can also set it include the job log.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

thanks to all who replied. Apparently, my concern is about  the job summary reports of all the jobs including the failed,missed,canceled and successful backups.

Seriously, I'm not really sure if it's possible. I attached screenshot of what I'm talking about.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You will have to create a canned (custom) report and then schedule them to run at particular time.

You can also include reciepents to whom these reports should go

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create a report job..

After selecting the report you want to run, you can see New Report Job link under General Tasks.

yusufusmani
Level 4

On the same screen above rite click on the Job Summary and seclect the New Report Job and schedule it accordingly.

try it and let us know if it helps.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Thanks again who help me on this. I'm able now to schedule the job summary report.