cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure domain data in Backup Exec 12.5? besides, additional licensing is needed?

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

How to configure domain data in Backup Exec 12.5? besides, additional licensing is needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Define your B2D folder as you would when you are defining it on an internal drive, except that you use the UNC path to point to the folder.

Where do I change the permissions BESA for reading and writing?

I don't use Data Domain devices, so I am unable to tell you how to add the BESA to the device.  You would have to check with the vendor.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you explain your query in detail.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

BE Media Servers need you, can make use of Data Domain, how is the procedure for the BE Media Servers can recognize the Data Domain? How to define and then-To-Disk Backup folder on that data TO domain?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Create a folder on Data Domain and then specify the path of the folder while creating B2D.

Also make sure BESA (BE sevice account) has full access to the Data Domain,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that your your device is supported for B2D folder by checking the HCL below

Backup Exec 12.5 Hardware (HCL)

If it is not supported, test its functionalities with

B2Dtest.exe

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

This is supported by HCL, my question: I have activated the license of the NMDP optional BE Media Servers? and besides Backup Exec System Account must have some special permission?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would have to add the BESA to your device with full read/write permissions.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

please do you have a step by step for setting the DATA DOMAIN b2d using the CIFS protocol? and Where do I change the permissions BESA for reading and writing?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Define your B2D folder as you would when you are defining it on an internal drive, except that you use the UNC path to point to the folder.

Where do I change the permissions BESA for reading and writing?

I don't use Data Domain devices, so I am unable to tell you how to add the BESA to the device.  You would have to check with the vendor.