cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Account

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi please help mo on how do I setup BE service account as default.The account I was using to log-in on media server is operator I can't either create a job or anything without using of service account. Is it possible to set the service account as a default on BE application so every time I open BE it will inherit the service account credential? If Yes, please give me the steps. Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you logon to the media server as UserA which can be any user and then you logon to the BE console as UserB which is a domain administrator, you would be prompted for UserB's password for the first logon.  Subsequently, you would not be prompted for the password if you logon to the media server as UserA and then logon to the BE console as UserB.  However, if you or any of your colleagues logon to the media server with an id other than UserA, then you would be prompted for the password when you try to logon to the BE console as UserB.  So just make sure that you logon to the media server as UserA everytime you want to use BE.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE console, click on Network->Log accounts-> select admin account and then set it as a default

account.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

I tried that one but it's not take effect. Do I need to restart the BE services so changes will take effect? Please confirm. thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi resplana,

I take it that the account you created in BE already exists on your domain? If not, it won't work.

You might also want to check out the Symantec video on the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH57541&key=15047&basecat=DOWNLOADS...

Thanks!

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

I restarted the services but still prompting for a password everytime I open the BE application

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Yeah the account was existed on domain. The main reason here is to set the BE service account so everytime I open the BE application it will not be prompt for a password.

btw, the account that I'm using to log-on to media server is different from the service account. I attaching a screenshot.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the BE logon account is a domain administrator and you log on to the server either as that domain administrator or the owner of the BE logon account, i.e. the id that created the logon account, then you would not be prompted for a password when you start up BE.  If you use another less powerful id to logon to the media server, then you would be prompted for he password for the BE logon account when you try to access BE.

BESA is used to start up the BE services and it can be the same or different account from the BE logon account which is used when you logon to BE to create jobs, etc.  In your case, you are dealing with the BE logon account, not the BESA.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi pkh,

How do I proceed for this is it possible to setup BE logon credential only from BE application so when I create a jobs and other staff it will not asking for a password. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you so much.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...there is a tick box under the BESA account that makes it a restricted account, meaning you need a password.

Remove that tick and try again...

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

thanks Craig I tried that one but still not working. See attached.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you logon to the media server as UserA which can be any user and then you logon to the BE console as UserB which is a domain administrator, you would be prompted for UserB's password for the first logon.  Subsequently, you would not be prompted for the password if you logon to the media server as UserA and then logon to the BE console as UserB.  However, if you or any of your colleagues logon to the media server with an id other than UserA, then you would be prompted for the password when you try to logon to the BE console as UserB.  So just make sure that you logon to the media server as UserA everytime you want to use BE.