cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a schedule to run on the last business day of the month.

Herman_verschoo
Level 2
Hi,

I have newly installed v10 for one of my customers.

We want to run a schedule as follows:

Daily : Mo, Tu, We, Th, incremental
Weekly: Fri, full
Monthly: last business day, full

I have set up a policy, but can only choose last day of the month, not last business/working day :( So it will schedule the monthly backup on eg Sunday 31th of July... when ofcourse my customer is not working. How can I resolve this? I used to use ArcServe where I did not encounter this problem.

thanks for the help,

Herman versdchooten
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

While scheduling the backup, you can choose the specific date option to choose the particular date which will be the last business day of the month.

Hope this helps in answering your question. In case you need more information, do write back to the forum.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Herman_verschoo
Level 2
Hi,

First of all thanks for your reply. If I read it correctly you are saying there is no support for business days. I need to enter all the specific last business days manually.
Is there then an easy way to import these?

Herman

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can also use the command line applet to include specific dates for backup. Refer to the following document for more information on the same. Refer to page 97 in particular.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/275538.pdf

Hope this helps. Do write back in case of further queries.
However if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Herman_verschoo
Level 2
ok, thanks

Herman