cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete failed or canceled backup files?

Hoosier_Hammer
Level 2

Hello fellow IT peeps!

Can anyone tell me an easy way to mass delete failed or canceled backup files?   I was really hoping that I could right click on a failed job in the job monitor and tell it to delete not just the log but the associated files as well.   Instead it appears that I need to find each and every file manually.   Another option that I had hoped for was that I would find a column in the Storage "backup Sets" that would indicate a "success" or "failed" status so I could sort and delete the failed backups, but that would make things too easy.

I hope Veritas is watching these posts because here are 2 suggestions for product improvement.  :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you want to submit enhancement requests then within the Veritas Community pages submit an Idea post instead of a Forum post.

with regards your issue if you identify the backup set, in the console you should be able to right click it and select expire which will remove it from your storage as well as BE.

Hoosier_Hammer
Level 2

Thank you for the response Colin!   I was just looking for something faster then looking through each failed log for the backup set and then gonig to find the set.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well DLM will/should eventually remove a failed set for you (for disk backups). Tape backups have to be overwritten.