cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine service pack level

Renee_Merica
Level 2
I am looking for a way to verify service pack level on the media servers and remote agents. I have a server that has beserver.exe and beremote.exe of 9.1.4691.0. When I go to the Help About screen it only says 9.1 rev 4691 but we "believe" we have installed service pack 2.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Yes that's right. Not sure what the 4961 actually relates to, but 9.1.4691.0 seems to mean it's version 9.1, service pack 2, with no hotfixes installed.

Someone else may be able to confirm, but if memory serves, I think the 4691 relates to the number of hotfixes / patches released since day one, so for instance v8.6 was initially 3808, then the first major update was 3878.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
it is what Seagate called the "Build Number" (Yeah, there was BackupExec before Veritas, and before Seagate it was Arcada :) )

Presumably the number of the compile that resulted in a stable executeable with the desired fixes/features in it.

Renee_Merica
Level 2
The problem I am having is that we have other servers in the environment that I am pretty sure are only at service pack 2 but are showing the beserver.exe to be 9.1.4691.51 (instead of the other server in question which is 9.1.4691.0). Does anyone know of a table that helps you identify the versions of this file or what you can check to know for sure what hotfix/service pack you are at?

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Unless anyone knows an easier solution, if you look at the technote details for any of the hotfixes, at the bottom of the page there are always references listed to the file versions of a couple of the backup execs files (normally dll's), which allow you to confirm the hotfix has been installed. A bit hit & miss for what you're after, but failing anything better it might be a way around it for you.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
If the Version is showing 9.1.4691.0 that means there is no hotfix or SP installed on this machine.
As Ken rightly says 4691 is the Build of the Version 9.1.

Normally in the Hotfix / Service Pack Document, it gives you a list of the Dlls or files that this HF/ SP is going to affect. It also mentions the Version of the File that would be changed. You will need to compare these Version to the Version on the machine. If that matches that means the HF/ SP is installed Properly.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
Regards