cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable automatic push install

deeroad
Level 3

Backup Exec 2014. Noticed there are lots of log-files in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\PushLogs directory. Currently I really don't want Backup Exec to do automatic push installs (which fail). I am in a process of fixing server environment manually and this complicates things.

Don't find anywhere setting to disable this. Maybe it needs registry change but not sure which one. Maybe:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Auto Discovery Enabled ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no automatic push of agents to remote servers.  Any push is always manually initiated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no automatic push of agents to remote servers.  Any push is always manually initiated.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the Backup & Restore tab, right-click the remote servers and choose Update. Check if the Install Updates option is set on a recurring schedule or not. If yes, this would automatically push updates.

deeroad
Level 3

Thank you. If recurrence is select last time, how to turn it off? Is it enough to do update again and select "Run now with no recurring schedule"?

And is there any way ot see list of all recurring schedules (which servers are updated automatically)?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, it is.

Probably, the only way I can think of is to check each server manually.