cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grant view access in Backup Exec 9.1to a non admin user

Erin_Wilson
Level 3
Hello,

I have a user who's server is a Windows 2003 Domain Controller and Backup Exec 9.1 is installed and working. I don't want to grant him Backup Operators right on the domain since this will give him to much access. However, I want to grant him view access to Backup Exec 9.1 on his DC. He does have the Bakup Exec Remote Console installed and when he trys to view his server he receives access denied. Any thoughts?
10 REPLIES 10

clay_bowman
Level 4
Try and restrict the backup account, then have him create his own user accound when he logs onto the console

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Use ExecView to do this.

(Too bad you 're not still on v8.x. ExecView 3.x sucks wind compared to v2.6)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Erin_Wilson
Level 3
How can I restrict the Backup Account since it's a prt of the domain?

Erin_Wilson
Level 3
How can I use Backup Exec View to do this. Do you have the steps?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
ExecView v3.2 here
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280375.htm

ExecView Admin Guide here
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/247711.htm

Erin_Wilson
Level 3
I hate to be a pain but where in the adminsitrator manual does it say how to add a view only user who doesn't have backup operator rights on the domain?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sorry - It's been so long that I even looked at the POS called ExecView v3

It looks like you can't do it. In v2.6, you just gave the user read access to the BackupExec install directory

One more example of why Veritas is no longer very high on my list. ExecView v2.6 just worked. v3.x is a pain to install, configure, and as ti hgave discovered, removed functionality

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Erin,

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Erin_Wilson
Level 3
Well it hasn't been answered. What do I do?

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Erin,

Does the issue still persist?

Thanks for the update in advance.