cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a backup from data ona QNAP NAS

WimN
Level 3

We have BE2010R3 running on a Windows Server 2008R2. In the network we have a QNAP NAS model 859. From the server you can access the data on the NAS. When you want to make a backup with BE from the data on the NAS you can select the NAS and see the directories on it. The NAS reports a seccessful login from the server. But in BE the directories shop up as greyed and you can not select them to show the files. So you cannot make a selection for the backup to be made. How can we make a backup of the data on the NAS to tape using BE?

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to Tools ---> Options and under Network and Security, enable the Selection of User Shares

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...deleted my previous post as I misinterpreted the original question!

WimN
Level 3

"Enable selection of user shares' was already enabled, still does not work.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...can that NAS integrate intop AD? If so, it is something to read up on and consider as it would get around authentication issues etc.

Thanks!

WimN
Level 3

There is no domain, it's a workgroup. The NAS reports a succesful logon from the server running BE. So, I don't think it is a problem to log on.

WimN
Level 3

Anybody, any idea????

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you had a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136122

Halwa_Wala
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I am aware, you can only select the shares for the backup. The directories inside the shares are usually grayed out for selection. However you will be able to restore individual directories from the backup.

Sergio_Carrero
Not applicable

You can not browse a resource that doesn't have an agent. (Qnap has no BE agent)

However you can use the "View Selection Details" (next tab to "View by resource") to add them manually once you have assign it some credentials in the same way as any other resource.