cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate BE settings, jobs, etc. to new server?

dmyles
Level 3
I have a BE 10.d server running and we built a new server. How do I get all the job data, selections, media rention, etc. to the new server? I copied everything I can think of. The one thing that's giving me problems is the bedb_dat.mdf database. I think that must have the settings I need. I stop the services, copy the db over, but can't start the service because it says the database refereced doesn't exist. It doesn't like the old db file for some reason. It seems without that db though all I get is a blank set up and I'll have to recreate all my jobs and stuff.

Any thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Be sure to note the "Do Not Use If" near the top

dmyles
Level 3
I did see that article and followed it but I have a problem with the bedb_dat.mdf database. When I copy that database from the current server to the new server I can't start the BE services. It says the database it is looking for or referencing isn't there or something like that.

I've copied all the other files/folders/registry/etc. over. Everything is installed to the same drive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are the nstall paths the same?

the NOTE in step 3 of part III

dmyles
Level 3
Yes, the install paths are the same. It was a default install...c:\program files\veritas......

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is this an MSDE or MSSQL database?

dmyles
Level 3
MSDE

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Only thing I can think of would be to start from scratch on the new server

but DO NOT copy the database files

Once BackupExec is installed run BEUTIL and de "Recover configuration from a File" and point it at the BAK file

if that doesn't work, you may be down to opening an incident with Symantec Smiley Sad