cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore an offline media and move it back to library slot?

Jason218
Level 2

I've just finished setting up a backup server. When testing the server,  i'm having issue with one of these tapes which I've originally put into slot 6. The job that uses that specific slot failed becuase of the media being as offline. I cancelled the job and now slot 6 is showing as empty and that tape just sits in the offline category. I've tried cataloging the media but the job keeps queuing and has done nothing. Can anybody tell me how to change the status of the tape from offline to online and get it moved back to slot 6 as it was originally set up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jason218
Level 2

Just an quick update. It's all sorted. That tape has been ejected back to slot 0 and I've put it back to slot 6 and changed the media set plan write protection period to 0 hours.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason218
Level 2

Also another question, where excatly is that offline media located if it's either not in the slot or the drive?

Jason218
Level 2

Just an quick update. It's all sorted. That tape has been ejected back to slot 0 and I've put it back to slot 6 and changed the media set plan write protection period to 0 hours.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To get BE to recognise the tape, you need to either do a scan on the slot/library if you are using barcode labels.  If you are not using barcode labels, then you need to do an inventory on the slot/library.

You cannot catalog a tape if it is not recognised.

It is not advisable to change the OPP to 0 hrs.  This means that all the tapes in the media set will be immediately overwritable.  If you need to overwrite a tape immediately, you should associate it with the scratch media set.