cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate Backup to disk ?

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
Hi,
I have a backup job, that writes to disk. This works fine except for the fact that when I let it do it's job, it fills the disk.
I have specified an overwrite protection of 5 days. Every weekday the job runs (= 5 times a week). In BEX8.6 the next week, the oldest file was overwritten, but in BEX10 a new file is made. This goes on until the disk is full. What can I do to "reuse" the old files ?
TIA
Koenraad Lelong.
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Backup to disk files would be overwritten once the overwrite protection had expired.
-- Once the overwrite protection had expired the bkf files will not be automatically deleted
- You have to move some of these two retired media set which makes them unavailable for overwrite.
- You can delete the bkf files he no longer needs and run the job.

-- Also setting disk space reserve to lesser size than the total disk capacity.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
I think I solved this. Apparently when setting up for the first time I selected to "overwrite scratch media before overwriting recyclable media". I discovered this when I re-installed from scatch and now I selected to first overwrite recyclable media. I tested this with a small job running often, and it seems to work.
So I solved this myself.
P.S. This can be set in the software, no need to re-install, but since I have other issues, I decided to re-install.
Regards,
Koenraad Lelong