cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Backup Exec Agent in remote server

sazzad
Level 4

Please provide the procedures for upgrading remote agent. Please note that i am using Backup Exec 2014 version. Please provide the procedure for Backup Exec 2014 version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sazzad
Level 4

I just select the remote server from BE console & select the update option. After that checked from remote machine & its updated!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can just push out the remote agent to the remote servers

sazzad
Level 4

Should i copy the whole RAWSX64 folder to remote server & install it?

lmosla
Level 6

LegAEI
Level 5

I've found the issue with the installer failing from inside the BE console has been resolved, you can probably just right click on the server in BE and choose the "update" option.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You can.  After the installation, you would need to establish trust with the remote server.

sazzad
Level 4

I have tried to upgrade the agent in remote server & got following error:

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this KB article first - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH224584.html

Try workaround 3 first -

"Perform a local installation of the Backup Exec Remote Agent by copying the RAWS and VCRedist folder to C:\ on the remote server."

If this doesn't help, then try other workarounds as mentioned in the KB.

sazzad
Level 4

I tried the Silent (command line) Installation steps from following URL:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH179142.html

Remane the the old "RAWSX64" file as "RAWSX64.old" & copied the new "RAWSX64" folder from media server. After inserting command i have restarted the "Backup Exec Remote Agent" from "services.msc"

Please check the attachment. But, how can i confirm that new version of agent is been installed?

VJware
Level 6

Locate and right-click the file named beremote.exe in the remote server. Check the file version.

RAWS 2014 should be 14.1.1786 version.

sazzad
Level 4

Unfortunately i can't find the option to see "file version"!

VJware
Level 6

The file name is just "beremote.exe". It is found under \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Backup Exec for Windows directory.

Alternatively, you can also view the properties/detail of the remote server from the Backup & Restore tab of the BE console.

sazzad
Level 4

I just select the remote server from BE console & select the update option. After that checked from remote machine & its updated!