Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SSO to share a Robotic tape library

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi again :)

first of all i think BE administration guide is so confusing and incomplete , i cannot find anything about how to use SSO , Physical Server Backup over FC and ....but the forum is great.

i want to share a robotic tape library between 2 BE server (one of them is CAS and other one is Managed BE Server.)

i got ESO license , tape library is on SCL(4 Drives and 48 Media Slots)

Tape device is connected to SAN network and Both BE servers can see it on Storage tab , now how can i share it between two servers? i cannot find anything about SSO in BE, no setting , no wizard nothing. please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

If both BE servers see the tape library & tape drives, you are basically done as the sharing is handled automaticaly.  Both servers should be able to run backups to the library.  Now you need to determine your backup strategies & media rotations, etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

If both BE servers see the tape library & tape drives, you are basically done as the sharing is handled automaticaly.  Both servers should be able to run backups to the library.  Now you need to determine your backup strategies & media rotations, etc.