cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto change path of storage

fwolf
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to know how to change the path of disk based storage in BE 2012. After I upgraded from BE 2010 my old Backup-to-disk folders didn't work anymore. now I have to change the path of the disk based storage because it is linked to a subfolder. Simply deleting the storage and recreating it didn't work.

I would like to point the folder to D:\B2D\. Right now it is D:\B2D\[Servername]\. Is there any option to do so?

Regards
Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you delete your legacy B2D folders, then you cannot re-create them again.  BE 2012 can only create one disk storage device for each fixed disk volume and one disk cartridge storage for removable disk volumes.

If the path that you are talking about is for a B2D which is converted to a disk storage, then do the following

1) Disable the disk storage

2) Delete the disk storage

3) Delete the directory from your disk.

4) Re-start all your BE services

5) Defined your disk storage again.  BE will use the directory BEData, e.g e:\BEData and there appears to be no way to change this directory name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you delete your legacy B2D folders, then you cannot re-create them again.  BE 2012 can only create one disk storage device for each fixed disk volume and one disk cartridge storage for removable disk volumes.

If the path that you are talking about is for a B2D which is converted to a disk storage, then do the following

1) Disable the disk storage

2) Delete the disk storage

3) Delete the directory from your disk.

4) Re-start all your BE services

5) Defined your disk storage again.  BE will use the directory BEData, e.g e:\BEData and there appears to be no way to change this directory name.

fwolf
Level 4

That works. Thank you. But beeing not able to change the folder sucks.