cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot see RAWS installed in Windows systems in backup selection list and after creating Backup job with user-defined selection it fails

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Hi,

I have a problem in Backup Exec 2010 R3.

After Installing RAWS on a server and restarting the server ,i cannot see it in Windows systems and Workgroup(In selection list).

During installation i have added BE's IP address.because we have Workgroup and Names cannot be resolved with DNS servers.

I can telnet to port 10000 of that server which agent is installed. 

so i have to added that server in "User-defined selection ".

after backing up with "User-defined selection" ,Job returns with the following error that i have attached it.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the remote agent service started on the remote server?

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Can you please help me to solve these problems

1- Why i cannot see and browse my servers in the network that RAWS is installed on them

2- Why this backup job fails

shahram_dehghan
Level 4
yes i checked it and it is started and i can stop it and start the service again.
i can telnet to port 1000 to that server which agnet is installed too.

Colin_Weaver

You need to debut thr e remote agent service during startup and possibly debug whwt there server is doing when browisng for selections and look at the logs which i Suspect means you shoudl log a formal support case.

That said makes sure that no software firwalls are running on the remote system ot the media server, make sure now hardware firewlls exists between remote serevr and media server, make sure UAC is disabled on the remoet system and the meida server and make sure you are using an admin account for the remote server in the BE credentials

Make sure telnet to port 10000 works in both directions (i.e. media server to remoet and remoet to media server)

Also make sure port 6101 is open from remoet server to media server (media serverw ill be listening on 6101)

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Hi Collin,

I didn't get you

"You need to debut thr e

You need to debut thr e remote agent service during startup and possibly debug whwt there server is doing when browisng for selections and look at the logs which i Suspect means you shoudl log a formal support case."

Can you please help me to debug?

Which Application debuggs BE?

and I checked these ports and UAC , there is no restriction between two servers,

Mcafee is installed on both servers i have disabled them.

and Hii Starke-ESA ,

I have installed it from the Media server with no errors.

in installation , in the page of Media server's address , i added IP address of Media server , because we have WORKGROUP network and Name cannot be resolved.

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Collin,

I found the Debugging tools'BE console-->Tools-->Run the Debug Monitor".

I am not sure about correct running of this tool.

I checked "Job Engine,agent Browser ,RAWS' and then i added that server again in Windows Systems.

Is it ok?

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

checked these ports and UAC , there is no restriction between two servers,

Mcafee is installed on both servers i have disabled them.

I have installed agent from the Media server with no errors.

in installation , in the page of Media server's address , i added IP address of Media server , because we have WORKGROUP network and Name cannot be resolved

I found the Debugging tools'BE console-->Tools-->Run the Debug Monitor".

I am not sure about correct running of this tool.

I checked "Job Engine,agent Browser ,RAWS' and then i added that server again in Windows Systems.

Is it ok?

Thnaks

Colin_Weaver

I did mean debug not debut (sorry)

However I am taking about also enabling a debug on the remoet server as well. what you have done might only enable the mdia server - hence why I suggested you might need more formal help.

Starke-ESA
Not applicable
Partner

Try this, locate the server where RAWS is installed under the Active-Directory selection-tree. Right click on it and choose "renew trust ..." or so (don't know exactly how this menu point is named in the english version of BE).

By the way, have you tested to install the RAWS Agent at the specific machine via remote-install from the mediaserver? does it work or will you get credential failures ?

Greets Patrick