cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need recommendation on how to best install on new multiserver network

Jack_Levy
Level 2
Partner
I have installed a new network, 10 servers, I have 2 main servers that share an ISCSI device (4.5 TB) that I need backed up, with another one also needing backing up. I figured I would back up just the data, and save Images of the servers if possible in case I needed to restore them. I have a Multiserver BE and I'm using a Dell NF500 with about 4 TB of backup disk. Besides the user profiles, there is a large SQL Database that gets dumped to a backup at night so I need to back that up and there will be images on the from the other server that will be added to on a daily basis. I would like direction as to best practice to backup this up. I loaded the BE on the NF500 which is just a Windows 2003 Storage Server Device. Should I backup the shares from the NF500? or Load the agent on the 2 servers sharing the ISCSI and backup from there. Any suggestions onhow to image the servers? Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Jack_Levy
Level 2
Partner
I forgot to mention these are all Windows 2003 64 bit Std, except for the Citrix servers (32 bit Std W2k3) and the  NF500 which is a 32 bit W2k3 Storage Ed