cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM 4560SLX Library

Level 2
BackupExec Version 9.1

Problems
1. Even we did install the Veritas drivers, in Win device Manager only the drivers for the HP Ultrium 1-SCSI tape devices show Veritas drivers. The IBM 4560SLX Library still show the Overland driver in Win device Manager. Is this correct or should there also be a Veritas driver displayed?
BEDIAG information:
0004:0000:0002:0000 "IBM 4560SLX 0429", (Changer Device), "\\.\MediumChanger0"
0004:0000:0003:0000 "HP Ultrium 1-SCSI E37U", (Tape Device), "\\.\Tape0"
0004:0000:0004:0000 "HP Ultrium 1-SCSI E37U", (Tape Device), "\\.\Tape1"

2. After we send a unlock command to the IBM 4560SLX Library and open it to change some cartriges the following error appears when starting a new Inventory task afterwards.
"The device \Device\SCSI\adpu160m did not respond within the timeout period" After this error the Library is offline and the BackupExec Services have to be restartet to get it online again. What can be done to resolve this behavior?
4 REPLIES 4

Robbie
Level 3
I have had a similar problem with an Overland Neo LTO library (which is probably pretty similar to the one you have). Essentially the issue I had was down to old firmware on the library and drives. At the same time I made sure ALL the Backup Exec patches were applied (often there are device driver updates). Since upgrading them all its been perfect.

The other possibility is that the termination on the drives is wrong, which its worth checking just to be sure.

Level 2
Thanks for your response.

We did already install the latest drivers and firmware issued by IBM and Veritas. The Tape drives are HP Ultrium 1-SCSI with Veritas driver 5.0.1.1 and the Library IBM 4560SLX is showing the Overland Library driver 1.0.3.0. Here I would have expected to see also a Veritas driver in Windows Device Manager. Does Backup Exec not change this driver version?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your configuration. Refer the following technote.
Title:
How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

2. Backup Exec does update the driver version. You have the latest driver veriosn.

3. Try a test backup using NTBackup. And verify the result.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.