cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Copy Failed -- error: 1317

Jason_Mullikin
Level 2
I have searched high and low for an answer to why the .dr files are not being copied to the alternative path. I get the following errors in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 9.1:

Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information
to alternate data path \\servername\C$\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\.
Error: 1317
The specified user does not exist.

The above error is also logged in Event Viewer as 57751

The backup job fails with error: Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The specified user does not exist.

Also, Final error: 0x525 - The specified user does not exist. appears in the job log.

I'm using Windows Server 2003 w/ SP1 and Backup Exec 9.1 4691

From the Backup Exec server, I can copy and paste the alternate path in the run command and it will open the folder on the designated server. So it's probably not a permission or rights issue. The Backup Exec services logon and resource credentials are the same and uses a domain administrator logon account. So the specified user does exist. Any suggestions to where to look to see if some configuration has changed. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Jason,

Does ...\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\ exist on the remote machine?

Gilly

Jason_Mullikin
Level 2
I figured out the problem. It was related to another process running at the same time in Backup Exec. FYI...if you have Shadow Copy Components -> User Data -> Exchange Server running with Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Agent, it fails to copy the.DR files to the remote computer. It also logs an error that the database is corrupt.