cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR From SCSI TO IDE.

adam_staub
Level 3
I'm getting conflicting info. Bottom line: If I have a server that is running SCSI disk system in a hardware Mirrored configuration, can I restore that system to a Machine that has an IDE disk system using IDR? I've read thru the documentation and am not sure if this is supported?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote which explains which configuration on a different hardware is supported.
Title:
Is it possible to recover a full backup to a computer with different hardware using the Intelligent Disaster Recovery option?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191461

Please verify your configuration accordingly.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

adam_staub
Level 3
I've read that DOC. I seems to me that you can restore from SCSI to IDE as long as the proper IDE drivers are available. However, it would be nice if you could give me a yes this will work or no it won't.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please can you elaborate the problem
You have mentioned that you done the IDR process by using SCSI and hardware mirrored configuration?
Are you trying to restore using IDE and mirrored disks if yes then are you using h/w RAID ir software?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh