cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Restoration for W2K Server, does it require Service Pack 4?

Level 2
I have encounter a problem after I have successfully restore my server through Disaster Recovery (diskette). After finished restoring data from tape it request us to restart the server.

when I reboot, there is a message box appears with
"Please insert the Compact Disc labeled 'Service Pack 4 CD' into your CD-ROM drive (F and then click OK"

Whether I have the service pack CD or files in the CD-Rom. What I do encounter is the system can't get the Service Pack 4.

After I click OK, it prompt me another message say
"The file 'NT5INF.CAT' on Service Pack 4 CD is needed.
Type the path where the file is located and then Click OK."

For what I have is the Service Pack 4 in exe file format.

Now my server still cannot up. Please advice
3 REPLIES 3

jlgonya
Level 3
I would try extracting the files and then burning to a CD. Place W2ksp4.exe in a new empty directory, go to a command prompt in that directory and type W2ksp4.exe /x

Gary_Hagan1
Level 0
I have encountered the same issue. After an IDR restore (BackupExec 9.1, SP4) upon the next reboot, is asks for Service Pack 4 on CD. I have Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 installation file, and when I extract the files (WinZip or using the /x option) there is no nt5inf.cat file anywhere in the extracted files. I cannot continue without that file, even though I have the Windows 2000 SP4 installation files. What can I do?

Paul_Rey
Not applicable
We've yet to find any resolution to this problem and others that plague IDR, and are HIGHLY distressed because we�ve sold IDR to numerous clients! To learn the product simply doesn�t work when you�re in the middle of a Disaster Recovery is a very unsettling and embarrassing position to be in!

One of my best engineers took FIVE attempts to get IDR to properly load RAID drivers and deal with partitions, only to find when it did install, it could not �restore product catalogs�� and ��setup could not continue!� A fatal error that no amount of Windows repairs can correct! Today � Sunday -- we�ll be back at the client site doing a MANUAL Disaster Recovery!

We�ve made the decision to move back to drive imaging products like Acronis TrueImage www.acronis.com or SnapBack www.snapback.com for TRUE Disaster Recovery, and then pursue getting refunds on IDR or maybe even begin a class action. We�ll additionally dump Backup Exec altogether from our product offerings as well! A backup/Disaster Recovery solution and especially one advertised as �Intelligent Disaster Recovery,� simply HAS TO WORK!!! We are absolutely outraged!

Symantec is just too good of a company to have inferior Veritas crap in their product lines. I guess though, they were sold �a bill of goods� as well, weren�t they!?