cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Restore Problem with W2K SP4

Maikai_GD
Level 3
Hi,
Got a problem during automated IDR restoration on a server. After the data has been restored into each partition and drives, the system restarts.

Then it ask to insert Service Pack 4 cd. I used a cd i created with the extraction of the executable sp4 file downloaded from microsoft. I also included the \ServicePack Files\i386 directory from the original server.

It still doesn't work, it produces multiple errors such as error with product catalog.

Any ideas how to go about this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

Simon_Zang_2
Level 3
What kind of CD was used when you go through IDR preparation wizard to create IDR recovery CD?

According to the technotes from symantec,a formal CD from microsoft without any service pack integrated was prefered.

Maikai_GD
Level 3
I used a standard win2k cd with no service pack. I created diskettes for the 4 disk bootup. 2 diskettes for idr.

Is there any way to get formal win2k cd with the sp4 included? Think that might do it.

Maikai_GD
Level 3
bump

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please mention the error messages you are receiving.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.