cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR issues

James_Thompson
Level 3
When trying to create a recovery CD using the wizard in backup exec 9.1 I get the below message when creating the image.

"Error opening \\BACKUP\D$\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\disk1\51SSETUP1.EN_"

The system cannot find the specified file"

This only happens when creating images for 2003 servers. My 2000 servers have created no problem

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi James,

My general advice here is:

1. Toss your IDR licence in the bin
2. Do your restores manually

Honestly, you'll feel so much better for it, and the only result is that you'll get a better working product.

Stuart_Miller
Level 3
You can only create Win2003 IDR disks from a Win2003 Backup Media Server, if creating from a BackupExec media server which is Win2000 it will fail.

IDR is so buggy it is easier to restore manually - alternatively if you have money to spend look at 'Bare Metal' restore program - but is pricey especially considering you may never have to use it, and I don't believe it intergrates into BackupExec at all well.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may refer to the following

When running the Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) Preparation Wizard "Error opening "\\SERVER_NAME\c$\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\disk1\51ASETUP1.EN_" The System cannot find the file specified." is displayed.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282351

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20050115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041231) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853

Thanks

James_Thompson
Level 3
I've already created IDR's for other 2003 servers from my 2000 backup server without a problem. It's only now happening with other servers

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Did you retry the IDR operation after having upgraded to the latest device drivers as mentioned by Tejashree in the previous post?

Do let us know if the issue still persists.