cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a job fails, why does the duplicate job afterwards still run?

sammyc53
Level 5
It's wasting space and time for me. Is there anyway to make sure that only succesfull jobs are duplicated?

Thanks all!

Sam
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please elaborate us on the issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How much clearer do you want him to be?

He has a Duplicate job setup to follow a backup job. The duplicate job always runs following the backup job, regardless of the completion status, but he only wants to duplicate a successful backup.

sammyc53
Level 5
Thanks Ken. You beat me too it. I can only wonder how quickly the moderators must skim over these messages.

As I said before. I have a backup job. Then immediatly afterwards, It triggers a duplicate.

I am asking, if the original backup fails. Why in the world does the duplicate of a failed job run? This didn't happen in 9.1

I upgraded to 10d, and now it does.

It's broken. Let's fix it.

Read carefully!

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Sam,

Since you are using 10d, you can create a duplicate job policy from the Policy tab in backup exec. There you can configure a rule that will say 'don't run the duplicate job if the scheduled job fails'. This rule will take effect in the scenario you have mentioned.

Refer to the admin guide for more info on creating policies:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.