cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Sicherungen werden nicht überschrieben

itcab
Level 4

Hallo zusammen,

seit kurzem setzen wir Backup Exec 2010 R2 mit den neuesten Hotfixes sowie SP1 ein. Mit diesem machen wir per VMware Agent komplette Image Sicherungen.

Wir sichern auf externe Datenträger und wechseln diese jeden Werktag. Die Medien sollen 5 Tage lang nicht überschrieben werden.

Unser Problem ist, dass die Image Sicherungen nicht überschrieben werden. Mit den Filelevel Sicherungen (.bkf) funktioniert dies wunderbar.

Wo könnte hier das Problem sein? Vor jedem Backup Job wird der jeweilge B2D Ordner inventarisiert.

Danke

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

itcab
Level 4

Ok,

i have to connect the extern media with the IMG Files -> than delete it from the extern hard disk and delete it in the backup exec console

The solution is very bad - i need a automatic solution who delete the IMG Files on the B2D Folder. I can´t see every day on the extern hard disk, if the disk is full.

I look for an solution who: the scheduled VMware image have to overwrite the older img backup on the b2d folder. So i can´t get the error that the extern hard disk is full

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Click on Tools->options->media management  and select "Use recycable media before using 

scratch media"  this setting will overwrite the existing files whose retention period has ended.

itcab
Level 4

Ok i will try it, but i don´t understand why i should change the global option when it works with .bkf Backups (Filelevel Backup) but not with img Backups.

Then on every B2D Folder with filelevel backup we have only one media

Thank you

itcab
Level 4

So,

yesterday i change under tools - options - media management to "Use recycable media before using  scratch media", but it´s not the soultion :(

I have one more Image Backup in my B2D Folder, again. The old Image Backups don´t were deleted.

Have anyone an idea?

itcab
Level 4

Nobody an idea?

itcab
Level 4

Ok how should i explain ... That is the solution. After i change the options in media management - img backups were overwrite.

But only my backups, were created on local hard disk. Not on the external, because the BE Console don´t show me the real data content from my B2D Folder unter Devices.

On my B2D Folder all img backups have the allocated date 01.01.1970. After a inventory, too.

I have resolve this with the Symantec Support. I have to cataloged the IMG folder to resolve the issue.

Can i create a job, who cataloged my b2d folder before the backup jobs start?