cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental MS SQL 2000 Restore Size 0

Jerry_Slagger
Level 2
I have setup bex 10d to do incremental backups of our MS SQL Server. All Databases are set Recovery Mode: Full. The backup job runs fine and shows it backed up 32MB of data to the Backup-to-Disk Folder and the data file in that folder is 10MB. When I go into the Restore it list all the databases but the size shown for all of them is 0. Is this correct? Does this mean there is no data to restore?
4 REPLIES 4

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
When you say you're doing an incremental backup, do you mean that your backup job (General - Backup Method) is set to incremental, or that the SQL part of the backup (Microsoft SQL - Backup Method) is set to Log?

If it's the latter then no you wouldn't see any data since you've only backed up the transaction log data, not any of the actual database content.

But if it's the former then yes you should see something in the database size. Just done a test backup using an incremental on the server, and full on the SQL database and afterwards I do indeed see a list of database sizes in the restore selections list. Have you checked the backup log and found the section which deals with the database backup, and confirmed that it is reporting the databases being backed up, that there is an amount of sql data being backed up, and the 32MB isn't just coming from something else on the server outside the SQL databases?

Jerry_Slagger
Level 2
Yes, I mean I am doing a SQL Log backup. Settings -> General is set to Incremental and Settings -> Microsoft SQL is set to Log. I reviewed the backup log and it indicates it backed up the database. Is still show 0 for the db size though. I am running another backup tonight and will check it in the morning.

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Well in that case I don't think you will see any byte count for the database, since you haven't actually backed it up, just the transaction log.

If you check the restore selections for your full backup of the database do you see a byte count listed there? (I'm assuming you do have a full backup as well since it'd be pointless doing an incremental backup otherwise)

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta