cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on backup system

jcarver
Level 2

Good Morning,

I'm running Windows 2003 sp2 sbs with XP, and W7 combo network system.  I'm also using DHCP, and SEPM.  I've been trying to review a trial Bac Exce 2012 and I've ran into issues that it didn't like.  For example, I used the pre-installation option and it gave me warnings because I was using DHCP and W7.  I said OK and I went pass it that and try to install it and gave me a error because it didn't like the server.  If I'm going to buy a buckup system, I need one the will not hardship. 

So, here is my needs and does sysmantec has backup system that will work for my company network.  There is quite a bit of employees who are not experiences on a using a file server type network so they don't work off the server and that means they do not save thier work on the server. Therefore I need a backup system that is server control and get the clinet info and backs it up to a removeable external hard drive.  Does anybody has a solution?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't know where you install your BE 2012, but you need server class machines to install it.  You need at least a Windows 2003 SP2 machine.  You cannot install BE 2012 on a Win7 machine.  It is not supported. See the SCL below

BE 2012 SCL

If you want to backup your client machines automatically, you might want to look at DLO 7 which will backup your users' files, like My Document onto a server.  However, they do need to logon to your network for DLO to work.