cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert folders into the EXCLUDES list on several BE servers

Sverre_Amundsen
Level 4
 Hello,

I have a question regarding the EXCLUDES list that works on all created backup jobs.

I have 25 standalone servers with BackupExec 10d installed on them and I need to add the string into the EXCLUDES list on the serveres.
String to be added:
\\*\*\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Health Service Store\*.*

Is there a way to do this using only one servere and "exporting" the setting to the other servers or will I have to log into every singel one of them and edit the EXCLUDES list ??

Thanks for all reply's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Cool man, ja...CASO will help with something like this, assuming you have the bandwidth to do it. Do some reading up on it...it tends to do some really funny things that you don't want it too, so just be aware.
Can you mark as a solution?
Shotto!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Doesn't appear to be. IF you had CASO in your environment, and configured your servers to store their databases on the CASO server, I'd think it would be possible to create a selection list on that server, and then assign that to other servers. This is highly unlikely though...looks like you've got to create that exclusion on each server unfortunately.

CraigV
Hi,

Has this been a solution to your query?

Thanks!

CraigV
Hi, any news on this?

Sverre_Amundsen
Level 4
Hello.
well as Im looking into upgrading my current bacupsystem with the new 12.5 software I will also install a mangaer server for the system.

So thanks for the followup and case closed :)

CraigV
Cool man, ja...CASO will help with something like this, assuming you have the bandwidth to do it. Do some reading up on it...it tends to do some really funny things that you don't want it too, so just be aware.
Can you mark as a solution?
Shotto!