Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Backup Exec 12.5 Agent on Linux

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

Dear All
Please advise me how I can install Backup Exec 12.5 Agent on Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4) and to backup Oracle Database.
also how I can download  Backup Exec 12.5 Agent on Linux I have License and serial number for backup exec 12.5 .

and if there symantec site to download Backup Exec 12.5 software  like Netbackup site (http://fileconnect.symantec.com)

Please provide manuals to learn.

Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You can download the agent from the same web site fileconnect.symantec.com ...and when it ask for serial number enter the serial number for backup exec 12.5 ...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You can download the agent from the same web site fileconnect.symantec.com ...and when it ask for serial number enter the serial number for backup exec 12.5 ...

veilsnzills17
Level 3
Employee
To download that Agent for Linux 12.5:

1. GO TO FILECONNECT .SYMANTEC.COM

2. LANGUAGE SELECTION - SELECT LANGUAGE - ENGLISH

3. ENTER THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE PRODUCT THAT YOU WANT TO
DOWNLOAD

4. CLICK "ENTER"

5. CLICK " I AGREE"

6. SELECT PRODUCT- INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH

7. SELECT "HTTP DOWNLOAD"

8. CLICK "SELECT" BUTTON

9. FILE SELECTION PAGE WILL SHOW  THEN SELECT THE NAME FILE AND
CLICK " BEGIN DOWNLOADING" BUTTON

The AGENT for Linux is a separate download. Choose the filename

BEWS_12.5.2213_LINUX-UNIX-MAC-SAP_AGENTS.tar.gz

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
Hi all;

How configure Backup Exec12.5  Job after install Exec 12.5 agent in Linux client

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
I'm try to connect from media server  to backup Exec 12.5 Agent was installed in linux to response because Access denied.
How I can verify that the backup Exec12.5 was installed successfully and how I can resolve my problem I use in policy root Account .

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
thank you friend problem was solved ,, when I start Backup Exec service on client .
start Backup Exec 12.5 Agent service on linux client.