cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BE 2010 on Windows 2012 - tape drivers won't install

boe
Level 3

Hello,

I'm trying to install BE on Windows 2012.   Everything looks good except I typically use the Symantec drivers for the tape drives as Symantec used to be very adamant that you had to use them in the past.   

If you use tapeinst or the wizard you'll get the following after it finds the device and attempts to install the driver from BE 2010 R3 (all patches)

"the third-party inf does not contain digital signature"  installation did not complete.

Please don't sidetrack this and talk about BE 2012- I spent weeks troubleshooting it even with Symantec on the line and it just doesn't work well and yes we were using the latest revision with all the patches.  Symantec recommended going to BE2010 so even if you are having luck with it - it isn't an option. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE 2010 and BE 2012 currently do not support Windows Server 2012...this will be supported in BE 2012 R2 and an update to BE 2010...check below:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/announcing-new-beta-backup-exec

As such, you are running an unsupported configuration.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

BE 2010 and BE 2012 currently do not support Windows Server 2012...this will be supported in BE 2012 R2 and an update to BE 2010...check below:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/announcing-new-beta-backup-exec

As such, you are running an unsupported configuration.

Thanks!

boe
Level 3
Thanks - I found a way around the issue - hold shift while going to reboot then go to advanced during the shut down and it will let you boot essentially in safe mode but during bootup when you get the safe mode boot you'll get an option to disable driver protection.

CraigV

...you are unsupported and will get no support from Symantec even if you get it to work until BE 2012/BE 2010 officially support it...