cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BE2010 remote agent on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium?

Dan_Rowold
Level 2
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any luck getting the Backup Exec 2010 remote agent to install on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium? I've tried several different ways to get it to install and keep getting an error 1603.  I've tried pushing it from the server with no luck.  I've tried copying the RAWSX64 directory from the backup server to the client and running both the setup.exe and setupaax64.cmd.  I've turned the UAC on the client off and still no luck.  I've enabled the Administrator account and tried installing it these various ways while logged in as Administrator... same thing! It looks like the install is just about done and then rolls everything back. Very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!
7 REPLIES 7

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Windows 7 Home isn't supported by the remote agent.  That's probably why you're having a problem installing.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/329254.htm - 2010 Software Compatibility list.

Dan_Rowold
Level 2
Yeah, I was hoping that someone may have had some luck, though.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Dan,

If they had some luck, it would simply have been a hit-and-miss success. Always go according to the SCL, but it never hurts to ask.

Backupexecfails
Level 3

I am not able to get the agent installed onto Win7 Pro. The 32-bot agent id's the OS as incompatible (while the server installed it onto an XP X64 machine - into the Program Files(x86) directory). Install hangs on "Removing backup files" and never completes.

How to get na agent installed on Win7 x64?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you tried doing a local install rather than a push install?

Backupexecfails
Level 3

Push install fails with "error code 1603" will look that up next.

Have attempted several local installs and same result: install/setup never completes. Must kill setup manually (Task Manager) or bounce box. Then when it comes awake again, it is off the network and will not load desktop on logon. Must use Last Known Good to re-acquire desktop and network.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Grrr...

Backupexecfails
Level 3

Still have never gotten the x64 agent to install on a Win7 pro x64 box - local install or push install. Setup hangs on "Remving backup files" and never completes.  Error 1603.

Any assistance is appreciated.