cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"network path was not found" when connecting to media server

ScotH
Level 4

When attempting to connect to a media server from a BE admin console, this message appears:  "The network path was not found".  The admin console connects fine to three other media servers.  The console and media server are both BE 2010 R2.  The media server is a new installation, is able to successfully run backups, can be pinged, and is listed in DNS.  Any idea of how to resolve this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ScotH
Level 4

I ran BE_SupportTool.exe and found that File and Printer Sharing was not enabled.  Once I did that, the media server was available. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Verify update level on both....

ScotH
Level 4

They have the same four hotfixes, but one has service pack 1, and the other does not.  LiveUpdate isn't downloading it.  Not sure that would make a difference.  The other media servers that can be attached to are further apart with their update levels.

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

like Antivirus, windows firewall etc ..or is there a pending reboot after BE install.....

ScotH
Level 4

They both have Windows 2008 Enterprise, and I shut off the firewall to test it.  Have reboot it a few times.  No antivirus.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified

They have the same four hotfixes, but one has service pack 1, and the other does not.

You should check your versions.  BE 2010 has SP1, but BE 2010 R2 does not have SP1.  Go to Help --> About and verify that both your servers are either BE 2010 or BE 2010 R2.  These are not the same versions.

ScotH
Level 4

I ran BE_SupportTool.exe and found that File and Printer Sharing was not enabled.  Once I did that, the media server was available.