cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Disaster recovery

John_McCulloch
Level 2
Hi,
I am in the process of upgrading my backup solution. I am running SBS 2000 and using Exchange and SQL Server components of SBS 2000. Once my upgrade is complete I am going to do a full backup to tape and disk every night. If/when disaster happens is it possible to restore my server from the disk based backup using the Intelligent Disaster recovery option?? The disk based backups will be stored on a SAN connected to the network by the LAN.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions
3 REPLIES 3

towwei_lim
Level 3
Partner
hi,

disk-based IDR restore is not supported in Backup Exec 10. if you are looking for a solution for bare metal server restore, u can try symantec livestate recovery, which support BMR from disk or network.

symantec and veritas recently merged, so i guess it is ok to mention symantec products here.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the administartors handbuch for detail information on Veritas Backup Exec - Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
page number 931 onwards.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

For any further queries please revert.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.