cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer script error on program load

Mike_Dooley
Level 3
I am consistently receiving an Internet Explorer script error when loading BE on my Win2k3 server. Here is the error message content:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 84
Char: 21
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: res://c:\Program%20Files\VERITAS\Backup%20Exec\NT\BkupExec_EN.dll/how_do_i.html

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I applied the recommended fix shown in a thread on this topic here in this forum (dcom permissions), to no avail. This is a nuisance, delays each load of the program interface, but once the "yes" button is clicked, to allow scripts on the page, the program seems to function normally.

The question posted elsewhere in this forum was never answered definitively, and I believe there are quite a few of us out here just living with this annoyance. Is this not a simple script error that Symantec/Veritas could fix? Help us out here!
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please try the repair installation of Backup exec.

Please refer the following link:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Thank you,

Mike_Dooley
Level 3
I tried this reinstall/repair option, with absolutely no change. The application always loads with "Not Responding", then hangs until the script error times out, then loads when the script error, and the question, "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" is answered.

There is an error in the script used to display Alert Notification icons and to display the "How Do I...." help dialogue, and I don't think it's an application error or a corrupted/missing file. The BackupExec_EN.dll is shown as the source of the script error... is there a way to obtain a corrected version of just this one library?

This is becoming a real nuisance, esp. if troubleshooting failed backup jobs/devices, and I can't help but wonder what else is not working correctly, or not being reported accurately by the application?

Mike_Dooley
Level 3
I tried this reinstall/repair option, with absolutely no change. The application always loads with "Not Responding", then hangs until the script error times out, then loads when the script error, and the question, "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" is answered.

There is an error in the script used to display Alert Notification icons and to display the "How Do I...." help dialogue, and I don't think it's an application error or a corrupted/missing file. The BackupExec_EN.dll is shown as the source of the script error... is there a way to obtain a corrected version of just this one library?

This is becoming a real nuisance, esp. if troubleshooting failed backup jobs/devices, and I can't help but wonder what else is not working correctly, or not being reported accurately by the application?

Mike_Dooley
Level 3

Mike_Dooley
Level 3
I applied the suggested reinstall/repair process, to no avail.

Also, this forum page has numerous script errors, also, and does not properly register a user sign-in, and when I finish typing this and press "Post Message", I'll get yet another "Jive" error and my post will fail. How very efficient and useful Veritas Support has become, now that it's being done by cheap labor in another country.

Congratulations... you just lost another customer. Thanks for the usual.... NO HELP AT ALL.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you tried installing latest version of MS XML parser from the microsoft site?

Thank you & regards,